"The destiny of nations depends on how they nourish themselves" - BRILLAT SAVARIN
The Week of Tastes is a program that culminates in an annual event, designed to change children's relationship with food and address eating habits contributing to the obesity epidemic.
The Week of Tastes allows children:
- to understand how they use their five senses to appreciate food
- enrich their food vocabulary
- develop curiosity and a positive attitude towards new foods
- discover the diverse world of flavours
- learn the link between good food choices and good health
- and connects them to chefs, bakers, pastry chefs, cheese makers or other food producers in their community.
2017 saw students across Sydney, regional NSW, and Tasmania taste, bake and cook their way to a better understanding of taste. They expressed their creativity through wonderful artwork, and food memories were explored with some brilliant writing and poetry submitted through "My most memorable meal."
If you would like to register your school for the next Week of Tastes... (CLICK HERE) or would like further information on how you can participate, please contact HELEN.